I have had a pretty busy week in front of the computer writing essays and assignments for uni this week (and the same will be for next week too!) so unfortunately, I don’t have any photos to share from our week. Each day we have read and discussed the Torah portion with Mrs Noah and have completed some of the activities that she suggests. The children have kept up with their book work, but P&P has fallen a little by the way side until I’m over this hump of assignments. The children were busy helping Dad plant some vegetables and thinking of ways to keep the chickens out of the plot! Jonah inherited the chore of taking out the recycling from Bridget this week, and is very pleased with himself! So far he is doing a great job I received my ‘Natural Learning Diary’ in the mail at the beginning of the week so I’ll share a few of the activities that I recorded this week…
- Focus Bible verse – 1 John 3:22. This week I just read it to the kids and we talked about it in general conversation throughout the week.
- Role playing – the boys have spent most afternoons in a ‘police game’ which included dressing up in blue clothing with hats and guns and many explosion noises! Mum was talked into playing knights with Schleck and the paper castle Bridget made them last week too
- Physical/Outdoor – totem tennis, touch footy, bikes, hikes to the dam (mostly to play police game!)
- Music – listening to Mozart, ‘Baroque for Babies’, times tables songs. Bridget plays piano each day. William began to ‘compose’ some songs on piano about goats, snow and cats.(Bridget recorded it on video too. Priceless!)
- Art/Craft – sketch tuesday, making mother’s day cards
- Book work – copywork, phonics, maths, Hebrew (not really bookwork as it’s a computer program)
- DVD’s – The original thunderbirds series (they can’t get enough at the moment!), Diary of Anne Frank BBC version, The Exodus (Paul Newman).
Check out some other TOBY weekly highlights HERE. Rich blessings for a wonderful week ahead!